Tattoo After Care
- Remove the bandage after 2 to 3 hours.
- Wash immediately with non-scented antibacterial soap. (Basic hand soap, No scents no dyes).
- Allow to dry and use a small amount of Aquaphor or non-scented lotion. Rub in thoroughly and don’t allow any excess to remain on your fresh tattoo.
- Continue washing and moisturizing 3-5 times a day. If using Aquaphor switch to a non-scented lotion after the first week.
- Do not pick or pull on any scabs or flakes. Let everything come off naturally.
- RECOMMENDED: Ice for 20 minutes immediately after tattoo session and again 2-3 hours later. Directly over the plastic bandage.
- For the first night: Wrap tattoo in fresh plastic bandage before sleeping (to protect sheets and tattoo). Use more Aquaphor then usual to protect plastic from sticking to arm.
- Use plastic again if dirt or other bacteria will be in contact. It’s best to let tattoo breathe without plastic unless you are going to be in contact with bacteria. Your tattoo is an open wound and needs to be protected. Examples of when you should wrap your tattoo: While doing dirty jobs or on gym visits.
- Remember if using plastic use extra Aquaphor before applying plastic. Make sure to wash immediately as soon as plastic is removed.